Friday, June 24, 2011

Father's Day



We celebrated Father's day early at our house since Emma wasn't going to be with us, and Jeff really needed to open his present from the kids before we left for Wyoming for the weekend. Jeff received a letter from each kid detailing what a great dad he is to them. Here are some excerpts:


Jackson: "You are the best dad in the whole world. You help me with stuff I want to learn like a few days ago you showed me percentages. I like that you always support me with all different sports and let me come to cross country. You are a great runner and amaze me with your ability to run."


Emma:" You are the coolest Jeff I could ever have. I love how you rub my back. Also you always watch out for me. Finally, you love me."


Will: "You are so special. I can't believe it. You are special because you swim with me. and you play with me. and you help me with tall things."


It is really heart warming to read their personal notes! Then the kids and I conducted an elaborate rouse that had Jeff thinking something was wrong with the car radio- when he went to start the car, he found out there was nothing wrong with the radio, but instead he now had his much coveted XM radio back! The radio has been put to good use with our trips to Wyoming and Nebraska over the past week.

To mimic some of our friends posts about their husbands, here is what I absolutely love about Jeff as a dad...

1. He never fails to be there for his family. He shows up at games, coaches every one of our kids in a sport-this is no small feat, sits down to read with them, encourages them to try new things, and pushes them to be their best.
2. He sets a great example for the boys to follow about what it means to be a man, a dad, and a husband. He is not afraid to shower the boys with hugs, kisses, and snuggle time. He sings to them, teaches them about appreciating good music-even if it is Grateful Dead, and of course, is not afraid to get down on the ground and wrestle with them.
3. He sets a great example for Emma. He is her Jeffy! He is incredibly patient with her in her schoolwork and coaching her teams. He never fails to teach her something new in soccer and take the time just to snuggle too. He even gets his own day with her- Jeff's Day. This is our way of celebrating father's day or mother's day with our kids when they can't be with us on the actual day. It makes for a great surprise.4. He sets a great example for me of what it means to be loving parent.
5. He reminds me that there is always time to play. I always need this reminder.
6. He is still the one who gets up with the kids at night.
7. In all the years, I have never thought someone could measure up in my eyes to my own dad, but Jeff does that each and every day.


Happy Father's Day Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment