Sunday, January 8, 2012

Jenn's birthday

Jerry, Kailey, Nancy, Jackson, Jenn, Jeff, Will , Emma and Greg
Tonight we celebrated Jenn's birthday with a family dinner at La Sandia.  I asked each of us to think about what makes Jenn so special and we created a list to add to the celebration.  Here's to you Jenn!

Will: Jenn, you are always nice to me.  You are really intelligent and athletic.  


Emma: Nice, kind, special, loving, playful, aunt, there for me, thoughtful, shortbread!, caring, jovial, conscientious, affectionate, truthful, humorous, great to be around, teller, and talker.

Jackson: smart, jovial, loving, fun, energetic, humorous, kind, cool, sweet, generous.

Anne: Jenn, you have always made me feel so loved and so appreciated.  You care so much about others and are truly interested in what others are saying and doing. You make me feel as though your mom is still with us whenever you are around.  You treat others the way you wish to be treated, have a great sense of humor, and make the best shortbread in the history of shortbread making. The fact that you know someone anywhere we are or can find a connection to someone you are talking with is both awe inspiring and weird at the same time. On top of all that, you are a great wife, mother, sister, sister-in-law, aunt.  I can't imagine not having you in my life,  nor in my family's.  We are all so blessed to have you as part of the clan!  I love you!

Jeff: You are one of the most generous people I know.  Whenever someone is in need, you're willing to take the time to be there for people.  I'll never forget when I ran the Colfax Marathon and you were in the middle of downtown Denver, about mile 22, where no one else was standing - I was in a daze and needed some inspiration to make it to the finish line; you gave me that inspiration.  Likewise, you celebrate others' successes as much as your own - you're one of the first to share in the joyfulness.  Through the past 40-some years, you've been a great friend, a role model, a co-conspirator, an inspiration, a confidante, and a wonderful sister.  I love you so much.

Jenn with her flaming sopapillas

Nice gift courtesy of Jerry and Nancy

Smith-Krauses contributed to her wardrobe

Emma saved up pop tabs for Jenn's friend

Jenn  brings the funk to every party!


No comments:

Post a Comment