Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Political Learning Adventure

On Monday night, Mitt Romney was speaking at Arapahoe. I have never seen in all my years a political candidate up close, and so we offered to the kids the opportunity to go and see the political rally put on by Romney's supporters.  Neither Jeff nor I tell the kids our political beliefs, but we thought this would be an amazing educational opportunity.  Will didn't want to go, so he went to basketball with Jeff and I took Emma and Jackson to AHS.  Luckily we arrived early since the parking lots and gyms were packed full by the time the rally began.

Jackson and Emma were intrigued by the whole process and couldn't believe the number of media personalities  covering the event at AHS.  Our Arapahoe kids were on stage with Romney and other former Republican politicians. Additionally, Jackson summed up the whole process of campaigning with, "It seems like all they do is rip on each other. It's like trash talking in basketball."

I couldn't have said it better myself.







No comments:

Post a Comment